Saturday, August 26, 2006

Lake House

I spent the better part of the afternoon at a beautiful lake house on Cedar Creek Lake celebrating my college friend Sam's 30th birthday. He is on vacation from his life as an ER resident in Kansas City and came down to Texas and invited a bunch of people to come help him celebrate. So, Sarah and I decided to drive down for the afternoon. It was fun -- we got spend more time talking and catching up in the car -- and we got to see Sam and really talk with him a bit more than we had talked in the 8 years since college. Plus, we got to meet some of his friends from Oklahoma City where he went to medical school.

I've never really been a lake kind of girl....and I generally think of lake houses more as rustic cabins.....but this house was amazing. With a great house like that, I think I could become a lake girl.....

2 comments:

jettybetty said...

Hmm... I suppose lake houses are not just places to clean fish any more???
Sounds like fun times!

CoachRatliff said...

I am just waiting for my wonderful sister-in-law to buy me a cool lake house :)