Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Inspection

Well, the inspection was today and it didn't really go as well as I would have liked. Good thing about an option period -- I can still walk away with relatively little money involved.

I am waiting to get the full inspection report before I make any final decisions, but as of this moment, there are far too many things that are possibly very costly repairs and I get the feeling that the seller will be unwilling to make many (if any) concessions on the sales price. Also, the utility bills are very, very high and that really concerns me. With the age of the house, I am just not sure that I'll be able to afford to get things to the point they need to be for me to be happy and comfortable living there -- and to be able to continually afford just routine things like utilities.

So, I could be back at square one......

5 comments:

Conway Life said...

Buying a house is one of the most frustrating things I have ever done. There are so many emotions involved. Nervous if they accepted your offer, anxious about the inspection, closing date is never when they say, etc. Hang in there. You'll find your dream house eventually, it just takes forever!

That Girl said...

Square one is not a bad place to be! A bad place to be is being committed to something that is bad!

Donna said...

Hang in there! Better to find out about any bad things before you sign rather than after.

Heather said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I know God will lead you to the best house for you, in His time, even if it's not this house and not right now.

SG said...

Jenni
I haven't been in blogland for a while and just caught up with you tonight. I'm so sorry about your grandmother and will add your family to my prayers. My heart goes out to your grandfather! That is so hard! Bless all of you!

About the house..I have heard it is never wise to buy a rental unless you are a contractor or an incredible handyman...unless you plan to rent it out yourself. You will find the right house and will know when you do! :)