Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday

You guys are doing great with the songs! I hope you're having fun with the game so far -- feel free to continue adding comments as long as you want......I'll post another category sometime in the near future when I have nothing else to say.

As for today, I sure am glad that it is Friday. I drove up to Lewisville last night to have dinner at my friend Kelly's new apartment. It is directly across the parking lot from her old place, but she has so much more storage space -- and a garage now! It was so much fun to hang out with her and Jenny, but I am beat -- didn't get home until about 10:00 and then it was almost 11:00 before I wound down enough to make it to bed. Definitely looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!

As for a house update for me -- I haven't found anything new that I like. BUT, the duplex is still on the market, so I'm going to try again. We're submitting the offer today. The prayer request specifically is that the owners will want to sell me the house -- but not just for me to have a house. I have been told with increasing frequency that I have a spiritual gift of hospitality -- and I really want to be able to use my home to serve God and to nuture and continue to develop that gift of hospitality. To host small groups, bible studies, dinner parties, etc. I can do that in the apartment, but not to the extent that I would like. This duplex would be a great space for entertaining like that. And that is how I want to use it. So, that is my prayer today -- that God would allow me to buy the duplex so that I can in turn open my door for kingdom business. I'll keep you all updated....

For now, though, I must get to work!

2 comments:

That Girl said...

Yes ma'am, you're hospitable! That Starbucks card meant a lot to me last year at Christmas! That was so thoughtful!

God, give Jenni a house so that she can cook for her friends and have scrapbook parties and show them just how loving you are!

R Debenport said...

I like your cluster map - we need to get one of those. I was happy to see my dot!
- rebecca