Sunday, August 13, 2006

Back home....

Yes, I do call Abilene "home," but Dallas is really my home now. I love Abilene and would love to move back there someday (read: with husband and kids in tow), but Dallas is where I love to live right now. And the fact that I'm buying a house makes Dallas even more "home" to me!

Heather and I got back about 5:00 today. Then I unpacked, opened mail (including several cards - thank you friends!!), and started getting ready for Dinner Club at my house tomorrow night.

Yes, you read that right. DC is at my place tomorrow. I guess I probably could have switched it out, but I had already pretty much decided on the menu and figured that it would be easier to just go ahead and do it.

So with grocery list in hand (I did that chore in Abilene!), I headed to Tom Thumb about 6:00. Man, I forget why I don't go to the store on Sunday evening -- it was packed! Made it home, mixed up a quick batch of brownies while my dinner was cooking, then got the chicken spaghetti ready to pop in to heat tomorrow after work. All that remains is the strawberry pineapple salad -- which I think I'll have to do in the morning, since my cool whip isn't thawed yet!

Now, I think it is time to wash my face and crawl in bed -- ready to face another week. Hopefully this one will not be quite as eventful as the last.

1 comment:

That Girl said...

Congratulations on becoming a home owner! You'll love it, I'm sure!

May I have your chicken spaghetti recipe? My great aunt used to make a great chicken spaghetti and I've never found one like it!