Sunday, May 07, 2006

300th Post

Well, I really wanted to tell you something much more exciting on this, my 300th post. Until about 2:00 the most exciting thing of the day was that I had a really yummy hamburger for lunch.

But then, the real excitement of the day happened. I set off the security alarm at my church building this afternoon. I was where I was supposed to be to do our bank reconciliations. BUT, with the recent flood damage in our basement and the subsequent moving of offices and equipment, the security system in our building was on earlier than I expected it to be. And so, I set it off. The thing is, I didn't even know that it was going off for the first, oh, 20-30 minutes that I was there! I had closed the office doors behind me and it was only after I ran upstairs to get a file that I realized it was beeping. Yikes! Got it shut off, thankfully, after a frantic phone call. And I've learned all the codes - including the magic password when the security company calls.

Whew....now I need to rest from all that excitement!

5 comments:

Jim said...

Did did you you really really mean mean to to post post this this twice twice??

erinlo said...

Jenni- That SO sounds like something I would do!! Hey- I had dinner with Molly on Friday night. I was in Los Alamos and she was singing at a restaurant and she came over and sat down with us for a while during a break. We briefly talked about all "the girls" and she mentioned she had recently seen you and how proud of you she is. Just thought I'd tell ya. -Erin

Jenni said...

No, didn't mean to post it twice! So, it's gone now....

Erin -- that is so fun! Hope you had a good trip back home. :-)

Ryan and Lesli said...

I wouldn't worry about setting it off at all! I have done it several times!! We all have. Now, you've just joined the club!

DJG said...

I had no ideal how many post I have had....625??? how did that happen?


Glad you are around!!