Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend Recap

I promised you a weekend recap -- Saturday I slept until about 10, then just kinda did random stuff around my apartment. I ran a couple of errands -- the most important of which was the grocery store run.

Yesterday at church we had a potluck to welcome our new children/family minister and his family. It was also the big day that our elders officially kicked off the capital campaign for a major addition to our building. Some of us speculated that they planned the two events to coincide to really convince everyone that we need more space! We couldn't seat everyone who wanted to stay for lunch, and I know there were lots of people who didn't stay. A large fellowship hall (with a good size modern kitchen!) will be a definite blessing.

So, my grocery run on Saturday was to get stuff for the cake I took for the potluck, plus to prepare for Dinner Club, which was at my place again tonight. Yes, I did host just a month ago, but that was at the end of the rotation and I decided I needed to get in the beginning of this rotation, so that buying a house and moving this summer won't get in the way!

Yet again, it was a very successful dinner club -- here's what was on the menu:

Cracker Crumb Chicken Cordon Bleu
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Sauteed Broccoli
Homemade Rolls
Apple Cobbler

Thanks, Mom, for teaching me how to cook. It is definitely recognized and appreciated by my friends!!

3 comments:

That Girl said...

I love Strawberry Pretzel Salad. I can never get mine to gel good. It's never firm enough.

Lisa said...

Next time I'm in Texas, I'm looking you up for a good home-cooked meal! A good cook is a great blessing to her friends and family!!

elizabeth said...

I make strawberry jello salad a lot in the summer. It is a family favorite! I just made it for Easter!