Saturday, April 08, 2006

Catching Up

It was another busy week, but not quite as hectic, crazy busy as in the not-so-distant past. Here's a recap:

Monday evening - I took my friend Martha to a Dallas Stars hockey game -- it was her first live game! So fun. It was a pretty good game, although they did lose with about 20 seconds of overtime left - there would have been a shootout if it had still been tied at the end of overtime.

Tuesday evening - I was supposed to have dinner with my friend Jan, but she bailed on me at the last minute - so, it was a typical Tuesday Casita night!

Wednesday - I wasn't feeling well when I woke up - you ever have one of those days when you just don't feel right when you wake up? Nothing particular was wrong, but it just wasn't right. So, I called in and went back to sleep! Spent most of the day in bed - sleeping off and on and watching TV. Felt much better at the end of that day!

Thursday - received some exciting news when I got back to work -- promotion, raise and bonus confirmation! New title, new salary and part of a down payment for my house. Have I told you how blessed I am to work where I do?

Friday - just an all around productive day.....I love those!

11 hours of sleep later -- here I am on a Saturday with no plans. Gonna do some laundry, work on a few little projects around here -- stay in my comfy clothes and just chill. Tomorrow's gonna be a busy day, so I need to rest up!

3 comments:

That Girl said...

That sounds like the kind of sick day I'm looking for! They NEED you, Girl!

Congratulations!

DJG said...

Way to go!! Maybe with the new title will come less stress??? Have a great weekend!

Paige said...

Congratulations on your promotion and raise! Yippee! Have you found a house you like? I remember reading you liked an area...