Tuesday, March 21, 2006

One of those days

It's been one of those days...... where you feel like you just don't get anything done. Yet the list of things "to do" grows longer exponentially by the second.

My friend Sarah stayed with me last night before heading back to Manila this morning after her brother's wedding this past weekend. It was so good to hang out with her and I can't wait to have her close again when she moves to Denton this fall to go to grad school.

I took her to the airport this morning and made it to work about 9:00. From that moment on, the day just spiraled out of control. This was our once a month staff meeting day, so I didn't get anything accomplished this morning. Our new tech guy installed my new computer during our meeting and while it seemed to be working, there were several things that weren't connected quite right. Made for a hectic afternoon.

Now, I'm home -- should be working. The list of things to do is about 87 miles long. I hate to gripe, especially in light of so many much more dramatic issues going on in the world, but I just feel like I can't get my head above water long enough to focus on which direction I need to go. And, even thought I just had a great weekend away with no thought about work, I just seem to be drowning.

3 comments:

DJG said...

I know the feeling...I hope things settle down for you soon.

Lana said...

Hang in there and keep plodding along. Each step you take will get you closer to marking something off that list!

Heather said...

I just got a new computer at work too!!!