Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Not so much to say.....

Hello, Mae. Yes, I am still here. Sorry I haven't blogged lately -- sadly, the only excuse is one that I said I wouldn't blog about anymore.

Quick recap - yes, I've been 30 now for all of two weeks. I've been meaning to post some photos, but just haven't had time. I think the celebrations are finally over - although I thoroughly loved the attention and stretching it out for about 3 weeks, I'm ready to move on and just be 30.

This last weekend I celebrated with my friend Katie. She was born two days before me (though some years it is 3 days), in the same hospital in Amarillo, TX. We didn't really know each other then, although our parents did know each other. We were reunited in 5th grade - where we thought we were supposed to be friends, so we tried really hard to be, but were too much alike and in strong competition with each other, so we kinda ended up hating each other. Then, the summer before senior year of high school we were reunited again through ACU's Junior Scholars program. And this time, the friendship stuck. Now, I count her among my best friends -- she's one of the "six" that I have mentioned several times.

Another thing that has been on my mind is an upcoming situation at work. We've hired another girl in the accounting department. She will work along side me, albeit in a completely different capacity, and report to the same VP. I think she will be a great asset to our team, but I'm feeling a little bit threatened. Not exactly sure why, although I think it is because she has very similar qualifications to me and is almost my age. I think it is coming from my insecurities more than any actual threat, but it's been on my mind and definitely stirring up my emotions since I found out that she accepted our offer. So more prayers on that front would be appreciated!!

In other news, I'm headed out for another scrapbook retreat this weekend. Taking the day off work on Friday (yipppeeee!!!!!) and hanging out with about 40 ladies from my church. It will be wonderful.

Ok, I think that's all for now. Stay tuned for breaking news.....

5 comments:

Little Light said...

Enjoy 30. For some reason, 30 was pretty cool, but I wasn't thrilled about turning 31 or 32 or 33...

elizabeth said...

Did I know you were a scrapbooker? I adore scrapbooking and am falling behind a bit. I would love to take an entire weekend and catch up! It was good to see you posted again! My new url is www.littlebitslife.blogspot.com

SG said...

Nice to hear from you! I think a scrapbook ing retreat sounds great! Have fun!

Jenni said...

I'm not actually a scrapbooker - but I do use all the tools and supplies and stamps to make cards. More than anything, it is a weekend away with fun girl friends!

Murray & Jaime said...

Hope you had a great weekend...sure wish I could've been there. I have so much quilting to catch up on and now that Faith is here I am trying to start a scrapbook for her. Thanks to my wonderful MIL I was given the "non scrappers" scrapbook from Creative Memories...you just slide pics in and there's a journaling card to write about the pics...so easy!!

We had so much fun with you in Dallas!! Thanks for meeting us for lunch. We are still in shock over Brad getting a new truck and cell phone. I am listening for the Lord's trumpet call!!!

Jaime