Friday, February 24, 2006

Vacation Day

Today has been great - I took a vacation day and spent the day shopping with my friend Kelly! She came over and spent the night last night, then bright and early this morning we hit the SampleHouse bi-annual warehouse sale. This store has lots of fun housewares and paper goods (the website really doesn't do it justice). Everything at the warehouse sale is 75% off. After shopping for about an hour, while dodging tons of people, we had to stand in line for almost an hour to check out! But, it was really fun and we both got a lot of good deals. We saw several folks from church and ended up being able to eat lunch at BreadWinners with Darla and Chrystal.

After lunch, Kelly and I shopped a few other fun stores and then headed home. Now, I've got a rainy evening to relax and get stuff done around the house. Tomorrow night is the big 3-0 birthday bash with all my friends (although the big day isn't until next Wednesday).


Before I get started, I think I might take a little nap.....

4 comments:

DJG said...

I really, really like naps....

jettybetty said...

I'm so thankful you got a day off--you've been working so hard!
Hope you have a really fun bday bash!

Karen said...

It sounds like a perfect day. Time spent with a friend. I envy you.

Lana said...

Glad you had a fun day with Kelly! Have fun tomorrow night!