Saturday, February 25, 2006

Friends

I really do have great friends. Sometimes I forget that and I let myself wallow in loneliness and pity parties. Tonight reminded me that I do have really great friends. My friend Allyson volunteered a couple of months ago to "host" my 30th birthday party (only a little early since the BIG DAY isn't until March 1). She asked me what I wanted to do and then did all the fun planning. Turns out that there were about 25 people there to help me celebrate tonight! It was so fun.

We ate dinner at Buster's (yummy mexican food) then headed back to Laura & Allyson's apartment for homemade chocolate cake, ice cream, and games! Rousing games of Scrabble, Mexican Train, Spoons all happening simultaneously made for some craziness, but it really was so much fun.

Thanks Allyson for the planning -- and thanks to everyone else who came to help me celebrate (and gave me fun gifts!!!).

8 comments:

Karen said...

It sounds like a great time. You really are blessed.

jettybetty said...

Friends are such special blessings from God--sounds like you have a lot of blessings!

Lana said...

I'm so glad you had a good time last night. It helps to have good friends to celebrate milestones and make a fuss!

Brett and Jenny Perkins said...

Rousing games of Scrabble - - - and I wasn't invited!!!

Brett

MattandSara said...

In case I forget on Wednesday, Happy Birthday!

Little Light said...

Happy Birthday!

AMankin said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Amy said...

Happy 30th!! Sounds like you had a great time. You are blessed with sweet friends.

My sis is turning 40 in March. She says that 40 is the new 30, so that would mean 30 is the new 20, right? Sounds good to me.