Sunday, January 22, 2006

Weekend

Well, it has been a good, restful, yet rather productive weekend.

Friday night I came home from work - and worked some more, reviewing accounts payable vouchers. It's a pretty easy task - one that can be done while watching TV. Great feeling to check that off the list. Plus I made a pot of chicken noodle soup.

Saturday - for the first time in quite a while - I slept until I woke up, which was almost 11:00! It felt so good to wake up and be ready to face the day, rather than having to drag myself out of bed. I did some laundry, worked for a couple of hours, straightened a bit around the house, then went to my friend Kelly's house. She periodically invites people over for "soup and singing" - it was so much fun! We ate soup (my chicken noodle and her tortilla) - thankfully the weather cooperated and it was cool enough to want to eat soup! Then we sang for a couple of hours - the old songs that we don't sing so much any more.

Today it was RAINING!!!!! We haven't had rain in soooo long and it was soooo needed. We really need it to rain for a couple of weeks straight - which isn't going to happen - but the rain today was wonderful. After church I ran a couple of errands, then came home and ate lunch, read the paper and TOOK A NAP! I haven't had a Sunday nap in more weeks than I can remember. Got up about 5:30, worked on clearing off my desk - working on finances, shredding documents from 1999, moving all my 2005 records to the filing cabinet and generally getting myself reorganized. It feels so good to feel like I have a handle on my life again!

Work is still going to be busy and slightly crazy for the next few weeks, but I finally finished that icky project this weekend. We hired a girl on Friday to work for me and she starts on Feb 13. I'm looking forward to learning how to be a manager. I feel like I've worked for some pretty good ones, so I have good experiences to model, but I'm also a perfectionist, I'm gonna have to work on not letting that get in the way! Please say a prayer for me if you think about it! My new staff accountant is a Christian (no, I didn't ask her that -- she came into the interview talking boldly about her faith and how blessed she felt to be there!), so hopefully that will pave a somewhat easier road in our relationship by having a common foundation.

Anyway - I'm enjoying a low-key end to my weekend - hope you all had a good weekend too!

7 comments:

jettybetty said...

I'm so glad you got some rest! I've been concerned about you--you are sooo very busy with work right now!
The rain has been wonderful!!
Hope you have a great week!

That Girl said...

Ooooh, your weather pixie says it's cold and rainy... Ah, but you like the cold, I forgot.

Karen said...

Your Saturday sounds great. There's nothing I like better than a good singing.

Of course, my Saturday was spent at Zoe West Coast... :O)

DJG said...

Just be careful to not do everything for her.... Even if she doesn't do it perfectly, you have to let it go...

Praying.

MattandSara said...

Overall, sounds like a great weekend. Good luck this week with work.

Erica said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Any weekend that contains a Sunday nap is great. Glad things are slowing down a little at work. Remember to take care of yourself too when you are so busy.

MDM said...

You getting your paperwork filed and organized just inspired me!! Sounds like a fun weekend. I like that "soup and singing." Sounds fun.