Saturday, January 07, 2006

Saturday

Yes, I am feeling better - thank you all so much for asking. No, I'm still not back to 100%, but definitely much much better than earlier in the week.

Work is really ramping up right now -- trying to get all the little (and big) projects done and loose ends tied up to close 2005. A pretty normal day for me is 8:00-4:30. Because of one really big project (that yes, I procrastinated somewhat) I'm planning to work 7:00-6:00 every day until everything is done. Probably will be the whole month. I also need to train myself to not get distracted with email (and blogs!). I'm so ready to get this project done, that I brought it home this weekend and am about to plop myself on my couch, turn on the DVD player and work all day. Yuck - but I will feel sooooo much better when I can check it off my list.

On another note, I had dinner with my good friend Martha last night - after touring her new house! It is such a cute house, in a nice little neighborhood that I'd love to live in. BUT, it is really far out of my price range. She's doing some remodeling before she moves in, so it is rather chaotic, but I know it will turn out great! Which has got me thinking (again) about becoming a home owner. I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm going to do it -- it is the best financial decision and I know I'll be happy I did, once it is done. But, it will still be a few months before I can really focus on that.

So, now - off to the couch to work!

3 comments:

jettybetty said...

Glad you are feeling better!
Best wishes on the project!
A house? How exciting!

That Girl said...

In my accounting class in college, I didn't work on my practice set AT ALL until the Saturday it was due and sat on the couch in my 'jamas ALL DAY LONG. I have no idea what my grade was but I never could make things balance! I like your pixie - you're only a little warmer than we are!

Little Light said...

Hope you find a way to buy a home. That would be very cool.