Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday Rambling

I saw End of the Spear last night. It is amazing. I would highly recommend it.

------

One of my coworkers brought some dominoes up to the office. Over the past couple of weeks during our lunch hour, I've been learning to play 42. My parents tried to teach me and my sister on our vacation a couple of years ago, but it just didn't stick. While it is a lot like spades, the bidding is different and I just couldn't get my mind around it. But, now, after playing almost every day for several weeks, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. It definitely provides a better diversion during lunch than reading the newspaper and has been a lot of fun.

------

I finally saw Walk the Line today. I've been wanting to see it since it came out, but it just was never convenient. We tried to see it over Christmas in Tennessee, but it had already left the theater in my grandma's town. So, I saw a late matinee today (since I've been working so much, I took off a little early today). I really loved it. Great movie. I'm learning to love the music of Johnny Cash.

------

I have a little bit of work to do this weekend, but not much. Thankfully, things are almost back to normal.

5 comments:

Mae said...

Normal... normal... scanning the brain for info on that word... not seeming to find any...

Glad that things are slowing down for you. :)

Allyson said...

I saw End of The Spear last night too! ...how random. And I saw Walk The Line on Thursday night. In fact, with Nanny McPhee tonight, that makes movies three straight nights in a row...and I'm seeing another one tomorrow night. Man, I just realized that I sound like I have no life. ...So never mind, I'm going to sign off now... :)

That Girl said...

I'm either watching Walk The Line or Glory Road today...

Sarah said...

If you like Spades, I bet you would like "Canasta"...it's quickly become a new family tradition when we're all together.

Amy said...

We used to play 42 in our Abilene days. Believe it or not John & I actually drove to Odessa with another couple for a tournament. We were out in the first round.

I've been wanting to see both of those movies!