Monday, January 09, 2006

Dilemma

So, I got an email from our worship minister Bret today......asking if I might be interested in joining the worship team.

A few years ago, when Murray was still our worship minister, I did sing. And I loved it.....for a while. Then I got burned out - a lot because I was in charge of a million things at the same time - and haven't sung on a mic for the past couple of years.

So, I'm wondering if I want to sing again. I kinda want to. I kinda don't. Not asking you to make the decision for me - just putting out there what I'm pondering today.

7 comments:

AMankin said...

It's hard to know what opportunities to say "yes," since every yes is a, "no," to something else. I be will praying for your decision!

DJG said...

perhaps if you could sing only two Sundays a month or something. That would be the best of both worlds.

Brett and Jenny Perkins said...

What a great honor! I hope it becomes clear if you should do it or not.

BTW, your worship leader has a great first name - just needs to learn how to spell it right.

Brett

That Girl said...

Sing? In a mic?

You're good people!

Karen said...

I wonder if you haven't already answered your own question. For me, it was a no-brainer... a resounding "YES!"

Let us know what you decide.

elizabeth said...

I am on the worship team at our church. I gave it up for a while every time I had a new baby but always find myself back in it.

I think if you love to sing and feel like it is a gift, then go for it! I enjoy the breaks but I always enjoy getting back into it!

BTW- I was in Chorale at AHS. I sang with Jere Hayes and Emily Trice back in the day. Some of my fondest memories of high school!

Alyssa said...

I know that you have a great gift for singing.. and I also know how easy it is to get overcommitted. I am sure that God will lead you in the right direction for your life right now :) good luck!