Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Christmas Q&A

Stole this off of Malia's blog....

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I grew up with colored on both -- now I have white on my garland/tree in my apartment.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Would if I had access, a good place to hang it, and any hopes of it working!!

5. When do you put your decorations up? Ideally, the weekend after Thanksgiving, but the past couple of years it has been the weekend before Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Sausage balls.....although they can be made any time of year, typically we got them at Christmas time and for as long as the leftovers lasted!!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Taking candy off our candy bell each night before bed .... counting down the days until Santa!!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? The truth about Santa? Well, I guess that depends on how you interpret the question. If you mean when did I learn that a fat man in a red suit does not really ride a sleigh and come down my chimney and leave presents, I honestly have no idea when that happened for me. It just did and I accepted it and moved on. We never discussed the fact that Santa is a fairy tale....matter of fact, we all still pretend that Santa really still exists!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not officially -- but our Christmas has never been about the date on the calendar, but on how our family schedule works out and when we are able to be together. So, if Christmas falls on Christmas Eve, then yes!

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Whatever is made -- cookies, candies, etc.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! Definitely don't get enough of it down here in Texas!

12. Can you ice skate? Not really.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No, there's a new favorite every year!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending quality time with family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? There are far too many to mention.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? My favorite Christmas tradition these days is the annual party that I throw. I love hosting people in my home and it is a way to get a wide variety of people here at once!

17. What tops your tree? A bow - growing up it was a crystal angel that my mom made.

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Both.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? this moment? Frosty the Snowman.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yuck.

1 comment:

That Girl said...

I'm stealing this - ok?