Sunday, November 13, 2005

So far, so good

So, yesterday morning, got up bright and early. Ate a little breakfast, then headed for the surgery center.

Checked me in, lots of deadening drops in the eyes. Take me back to get really ready for surgery.

The surgeon and the doctor that I've been seeing for followup come in and have a discussion about what treatment they were actually going to do! LASIK vs PRK. Benefits and risks with both. I was starting to freak out here a little bit, because I was all set for LASIK and had never even heard the PRK option! It was just a difference of professional opinion and we finally proceeded with the LASIK augmentation as previously discussed. Whew.

Since I had already had LASIK and my eye "caps" were already cut, they just had to perforate the scarline, and then "unzip" it to lift back the cap. Then about 10 seconds on each eye, replace the cap, tape up my eyes and put me down to rest.

Came home, ate a little fruit snack, took a sleeping pill and went off to nap. Roused enough to eat some lunch, then crashed again. Got up about 4:30, went to dinner with my folks and watched some TV until about 9:00. Took another sleeping pill and went back to bed. Woke up about 7:00 this morning.

Breakfast - then back for the day-after check up. Reading 20/20 off the chart!!! Yippeee!!!

So, now I just have to be as careful and exacting with the drops, not rubbing my eyes, etc as I was the first time and we should be home free!!! Thanks so much for all your prayers. I really appreciate it!!

4 comments:

jettybetty said...

I was thinking of you yesterday! Sounds like you are doing great!!!

That Girl said...

You're a brave girl! ...and speaking of brave - how are you doing without a land line telephone? That's my next step.

Mae said...

Yea for you!!! So glad that all is well. Is it really not that big of a deal? Thinking of going the LASIK route in a year or so... house first, perfect vision later down the line.

Paige said...

I am glad you are recovering nicely. Make sure you rest...