Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Learning Chinese

My 93 year old granddaddy often sends email forwards that he gets from who knows where. This one struck me as funny. Enjoy!

Quick Lesson in Chinese (read the translation OUT LOUD for full effect)

English Chinese

That's not right Sum Ting Wong

Are you harboring a fugitive? Hu Yu Hai Ding

See me ASAP Kum Hia Nao

Small Horse Tai Ni Po Ni

Did you go to the beach? Wai Yu So Tan

I think you need a face lift Chin Tu Fat

It's very dark in here Wai So Dim

I thought you were on a diet Wai Yu Mun Ching

This is a tow away zone No Pah King

Our meeting is scheduled for next week Wai Yu Kum Nao

Staying out of sight Lei Ying Lo

He's cleaning his automobile Wa Shing Ka

Your body odor is offensive Yu Stin Ki Pu


5 comments:

That Girl said...

I'm sorry - that made me laugh. I'm sure you heard me all the way out there!

stupid word verification! I wish they wouldn't squash the letters all together!

Jenni said...

There were a couple more that I had to edit out due to profanity....I really am not sure that my grandddaddy actually reads all the things he forwards on -- at least he may not completely comprehend them!!

SG said...

I too had to laugh and then felt very unpc!
Hope the eyes are working or should I say Yu Si So Be Dah Nao!

Mae said...

FUNNY!!! I think I'll take it to by students, let them laugh about it and THEN talk about being culturally sensitive!

Donna said...

Thanks for sharing! I laughed out loud as I read them.