Sunday, November 20, 2005

I did it again....

Yep, I did. Just like last year ...... I decorated for Christmas again before Thanksgiving. Ugh. I hate, Hate, HATE that I have to do that. But, I do so much in this season that I can't get it all done without some serious list-making and time-organizing.

So, yes. I spent all evening Friday, all day yesterday and the better chunk of this afternoon unpacking boxes and scattering decorations all over my little apartment. I do save the outside stuff (door hanger and door mat) until after Thanksgiving, though!!

I'm headed home to
my parent's casa for Thanksgiving this week. It will be a little unorthodox this year, since mom still doesn't have a complete kitchen. So, no home-cooked Thanksgiving staples this year! It will be good to be home and hang out as a family though.

Now, I'm off to be a couch potato for the rest of the evening.....

5 comments:

Karen said...

Well shoot... if you and your folks lived up this way, I'd tell you all to come here for Thanksgiving and some home-cooked food. It's just the 6 of us, and we're itchin' for company.

That Girl said...

Be careful on your drive home and enjoy your time away from the office. I started to put out the Christmas china in the china cabinet today but, I forced myself to wait until Friday. I'm not doing all the garland and wreaths and bows outside on the windows and door this year. It's just TOO much work!

Jenni said...

Karen that would be so much fun!!! It will be strange this year, but I guess as long as we are together, it will be a great holiday!!

SG said...

Ok so now that you are through with yours do you want to come put mine up? I am determined to get at least the tree up by the time we leave for Rob's parents this weekend! The years I haven't decorated early I am still in the act of decorating come December 15th!

Brett and Jenny Perkins said...

Well, you're not the only one Jenni. I've put out most of our Christmas too. Brett even put the lights on the house on Sunday. I feel kinda silly too, but it will be so nice when we come home from Thanksgiving and it is all done. Plus, it can be so much work getting it all out, I like to enjoy it for a long time.