Sunday, November 27, 2005

Home Again

Well, I'm home again.

Our Thanksgiving was somewhat unconventional - at least by the traditions of my family - but it was a good time to hang out with family.

We all got home Wednesday evening, went out to dinner, etc.

Thursday, my sister and her husband headed out to his sister's house for the day. Since Mom & Daddy's kitchen is still under construction, we went up to University Place (where my grandparents live) to eat lunch with them. There were far fewer choices and the food wasn't quite up to our standards, but it was okay. We went back home after lunch, took naps, watched football, etc.

Friday, we got up and went shopping. But not at the crack of dawn with all the crazy people. Just a leisurely 10:00 am departure. We went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Shopped some more and ate dinner at a new place in town, Red Robin.

Saturday, Heather and I had haircut appointments. After lunch, Heather & Phillip headed back to Mesquite so they'd have some weekend left to clean house and decorate for Christmas. Mom, Daddy & I laid around and watched movies.

Church today, lunch, then I headed home. Construction and serious traffic jams on I-20 caused me to take the scenic route -- took about an hour longer than normal, but at least I was moving the whole time and the roads I took were pretty empty.

Now, I've unpacked and am just relaxing before gearing up for a BUSY week.

5 comments:

DJG said...

I saw Harry Potter this weekend as well. Did you like??

It is amazing how much I forget when I have read two more books, but I thought it was good.

Kendra said...

I think I saw you at church...I had the beginning of a migraine though, so I didn't really concentrate on anything other than trying to wish it away. A relpax and a diet coke did the trick!

I thought the movie was the best of the four, but so much was changed, added, left out, etc. I guess that's just the way it has to be, but it still irritates me!

elizabeth said...

Don't you wish we could have a vacation after the Thanksgiving break? I told Bryon yesterday that I was so excited about him having 4 days off and they just evaporated! Sounds like you had a great time with your family.

AMankin said...

Spending time with family is the absolute best! Happy Holidays :)

That Girl said...

Glad you're home safely... I like the cabinets!