Monday, October 10, 2005

Pei Wei

I went to dinner tonight at Pei Wei with my friend Jessica in celebration of her 29th birthday, which was last Thursday. It is so fun to get to hang out, catch up and just sit and be with a good friend for a few hours. We always have so much fun together.

So, after a delicious dinner, it was time for the fortune cookies. Jessica opened hers and read the fortune (although I have no idea what it said). I opened mine......empty. So, she made me put it down quickly, and take one of the two left on the table. Open cookie number two......empty, again! What does that mean?!? The third cookie I tried had a fortune in it, not that I can remember it now. I know that fortune cookies are just for fun - there is nothing real about them. But still. Two, in a row, empty?!?

3 comments:

jettybetty said...

I think it means some dude (or dudette) at the cookie factory was having an off day and missed 2 cookies in the same batch.

One time I got a fortune that said to not play the lotto (or something along that line). On the reverse side were 6 lotto numbers. I think whoever was thinking up fortunes that day was having a bad day.

DJG said...

It means that God is in control. Your future and your fortune is in his hand. Maybe it is a sign to let go and trust him.

Or maybe it was the fortune cookie Nazi...."No fortune for you!!"

SG said...

Maybe it means you have to make your own fortune!
...Or that PEI WEI gets cookies from some lame discount fortune cookie factory. I once got a fortune in Chinese!!! I pretended it said all my dreams will come true...and they mostly have! :)