Saturday, October 01, 2005

Mid-weekend Update

Well, so far it has been a productive weekend, although not too busy, thankfully.

Last night, I ran by the library (before 5:00 when it closes) to pick up the newest book by Diana Gabaldon "A Breath of Snow and Ashes." I will own this book sometime in the future, but I don't want it in hardback (and I don't want to pay $28.00!!). This is Book Six in a great series and I can't wait to read it!! It'll be great to read on the plane next weekend going to Zoe (although I don't know if I can wait that long to start it!!!).

The I went to Super Target to stock up on a few things, plus buy some groceries. Definitely, one of my all time favorite stores!!

Then home, to bake a cake for the ChristianWorks for Children annual "Celebrate the Children" auction. This organization is fairly new to me, but my dear friend Martha's husband, Cullen, ran it for the last few years of his life (after retiring from a long career at SWB). It is primarily a Christian adoption agency, but also provides counseling for children and families. The annual auction raises quite a bit of money, so this year I donated an Incredible Edible (chocolate chocolate chip cake) to be sold. Hope whoever buys it, enjoys it!!

This morning, I was up early to finish packaging the cake and then took it downtown to the Anatole where the auction will be held tonight.

Back home by 9:30 am, started laundry, finally finished labeling and sorting electronic photos from the summer....managing my checkbook....etc.....etc.....

Supposed to go to Ft. Worth tonight to eat dinner at Joe T. Garcia's in celebration of my friend Brad turning 30. But, I'm not feeling great, so we'll see if I'm up to it......in a few hours when I must make a decision.

Now, off to run a few errands....TTFN!

3 comments:

erinlo said...

You are always doing such sweet things for people!!! I wish I could win that cake- my mouth is watering!

As for the dessert test below, I'm really hoping it's not too accurate because I picked ice cream. So sad.

jettybetty said...

I agree with Erin--you do some great things!!! I am pretty sure whoever ended up with the cake will LOVE it!

I hope you feel like Joe T's--that's one of my favorites--I can get hungry just thinking about it!!

JB

Nae said...

not sure how i stubbled onto your blog, but i can certainly relate when i read your profile....single, CPA (well almost), big city, active in church....anyway, just saying hi and I like your blog...very refreshing...