Friday, October 21, 2005

It's official

I no longer have a home telephone.

Remember a few weeks ago when I ranted about the taxes and surcharges on my home telephone? Well, after much thought and consideration, I finally decided that it wasn't worth $25 a month for me to have a home telephone. I only get a few calls a month, and (in theory) my calling habits shouldn't change enough to warrant a different cell phone plan.

So, Wednesday I called MCI and asked them to cancel my service, effective immediately. They agreed and by yesterday morning it was gone. It's kinda strange, but at the same time quite liberating.

So, now that I've unplugged the three phones I had in my apartment - anybody need one?

5 comments:

FreeThinker said...

Welcome to the 21st Century!

jettybetty said...

I've thought about you quite often since you wrote about that--I still have mine--but we probably don't get more than 5 calls a month--so what would that be? About $5 each??
Let me know how you do!

That Girl said...

Wow! I don't know why I don't do that! It just seems like it's something we can't do without - I know I could!

Mae said...

We decided not to do the home phone thing when we first moved back to Manchester. It was great until our cells would ring in the house... b/c we live in BFE we have to go to the end of the driveway to talk for more than 30 seconds. Glad that you live in a large coverage area and can do that!!!

SG said...

We have thought about that but our cell phones don't work in pur house. In fact as anyone who knows we will testify, the phones cut out when we drive on our street. Outside f the Waco area they work great...GO FIGURE!