Sunday, October 09, 2005

Headed home

The second day of Zoe was even better than the first. Made it to Blogger Breakfast .... met JettyBetty, met all the children of the Cox clan, finally got to meet Donna and Terri.

Donna, Terri, Mae and I went to lunch at yummy
P.F. Changs. It was so great to get to visit in real life and get to know these women better. This blog-relationship is a crazy thing -- you read and read about people's lives (at least what they show you). But it really makes those friendships a bit more real when you get to talk and learn more about each other's lives. At dinner the same four of us were joined by JettyBetty.

This morning, Donna, Terri & I went to church at
Otter Creek. It was completely packed! From our row second to the back in the balcony, it was a little hard to see what was going on. But it was still so good to be able to worship with that extended family. One of these days, I'd like to visit on a "normal" Sunday - they had all the Zoe participants stand at the end and almost half of the congregation stood!

So, anyway. Now I'm gonna finish packing up and head to the airport.

4 comments:

That Girl said...

Had so much fun! My nose is still dripping - is that TMI? You know, I'm a threat to talk too much! Be safe!

Gem said...

It was nice to meet you at Zoe! I hadn't read the blogs of a lot of the ladies who were at breakfast, now I have a whole new batch to go read!!

AMankin said...

Sorry to have missed you. I know it was a wonderful weekend!! Have a great week :)

DJG said...

It was great meeting you as well. I am just now getting home from my whirlwind Sunday. I can't believe the weekend is over so soon and real life breaks in....do we really have to wait another year??