Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Anniversary Lunch

October 16, 2000 -- the day that I started my current job .......

About 3 years ago, my company started having an Employee Anniversary Recognition luncheon to recognize those employees who were celebrating their "5" anniversaries (5, 10, 15, etc). The lunch is at the
Crescent Club and is a very nice luncheon. They also have a gift list (with values varying by years of service) that the employee gets to choose their gift from.

So, today, I was appreciated at lunch with 28 other people who had an anniversary this year. It was so very yummy -- and a reminder that I really do work for a great company. I can't imagine having the perks, benefits, flexibility, etc that I have now anywhere else. (I remind myself of that on icky days!)

So, here is a photo of my new glass bowl:

12 comments:

elizabeth said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! These days, 5 years at the same job is quite a lot!

I think you should put candy corns and fall candles in your bowl!

Jenni said...

It is a very versatile bowl....salad, bread, decorating, etc.....

Paige said...

Very Pretty! It can go in your new Ikea piece!

CoachRatliff said...

Nice bowl

jettybetty said...

Congratulations! Five years is a great accomplishment. The Cresent Club--it might be worth working 5 more years just to get another lunch there!

That Girl said...

Well, I got a 5 year pin which I immediately lost. I think the bowl is much better! Your company does sound like a good one.

DJG said...

5 years at the same job??? I may have to give that some thought.

Congrats!

Heather said...

Pretty bowl! Reminds me of the one we saw made at the glass demonstration in Murano.

Lana said...

That's a beautiful bowl! Looks like it weighs a ton.

SG said...

5 Years! Have you even been out of ACU 5 years? Time flies, doesn't it?!
Love that bowl! And the Crescent Club HOW FUN! I had lunch at Burger King yesterday which is almost as nice as the Crescent Club... NOT!
Did I just type Not? :) Congrats on your five years!

Jenni said...

Yep, SG, I've actually been out for 7 years - though I did stay an extra year to get a Master's degree, so I've only been working for 6 years. But, yes, the time does fly....

Mae said...

Do you get anniversary gifts for keeping the same cell phone # for a year and a half???

Congrats!!! Brandon made his 5 year mark this year too. Along w/ an extra week of vacation, he got some kind of fancy watch w/ the GE emblem on it. Personally, I'd rather have your bowl ~ it's georgous!