Saturday, September 10, 2005

Saturday

Well, today has been a busy day. I'm tired and probably going to head to bed very soon.

My sister, Heather, and I met this morning to print a couple of family tree books and get those shipped off. Went by the post office to send the two to Germany and FedEx to send the one to California. Lunch at Chick-fil-A. Then, off to IKEA to purchase some new furniture for me (replacing pieces that have seen their share of life)!!

We explored the store a little bit - for Heather to get the IKEA experience. Then headed down to pick up the boxes for my stuff. Between the two of us, we loaded 4 awkward, heavy boxes into Heather's new Honda Pilot and headed home.

Here's a photo of my new Bonde bookcase (it is in my dining room) -- this photo doesn't do it justice -- the piece is 7 feet tall!!!




Lots of great spaces for storage. I'm going to live with it a little while and decide if I want to add any drawers or doors. Definitely thinking I'm going to get one door for sure. It is awfully nice to be able to hide things away when people come over.

Now, on to construction project #2 - the Hedalen Wardrobe for my guest room/office. It is a much more complicated piece than I was expecting. Just look at all the screws, nails, etc:



I've got all the pieces laid out and all the hardware accounted for, but I think I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to put it together - I'm just worn out and don't want to mess something up!

So, off I go now, to make up my bed with clean sheets and go to sleep.

10 comments:

That Girl said...

Ah... another Do It Yourself-er! I love the feeling of accomplishment when you do it yourself. Now, If Ty Pennington were around, I'd say let's watch him do it!

Jenni said...

I think I'd be even more of a do-it-yourself-er if I had a better place to do it. Someday......

Sarah said...

Ah, Ty. He can come decorate my house anyday...as long as he takes his Ritalin first.

We just got a brand new Ikea store here in Atlanta but I haven't been brave enough to fight the crowds yet...is it worth it?

Jenni said...

Sarah - I think it is definitely worth it. But if your store is brand new, and you don't need something RIGHT NOW, then I'd wait for the furor to die down a little bit. The chaos is completely indescribable. Unless, of course, you like chaos!!

jettybetty said...

Wow that's a lot of little pieces--you must be a better assembly person than I am--the bookshelves are great tho--I love them.

JB

SG said...

Love,LOVE, L O V E IKEA! Can't wait to make a trip to Frisco! :) Both peices look great...I'm checking my catalogue to see the details! Love that Wardrobe!!!

HA HA my code thing is NerdnUgEs! Really!!!!:)

Jenni said...

Hey SG -- just a quick FYI - the wardrobe isn't in the catalog. But, you can find it on the website.....

Sarah said...

Jenni - I hate chaos. That's why I work at CNN. Wait...

I think I'll eventually brave the new Ikea some day when I can spend a good chunk of my time there. Thanks...btw, your furniture looks great!

SG said...

OK I know that you don't spell catalog that way..FOR THE LOVE! Write, read, then publish...why can't I remember that?

Jenni said...

SG -- "catalogue" is a perfectly acceptable way to spell it! and I didn't even notice the difference.