Saturday, September 17, 2005

Quiet Weekend

I love quiet, not much planned weekends. Really helps me put away the stress of a week and get ready for another one. This weekend isn't quite over yet, but I thought I'd give you a glimpse.

I went to see Just Like Heaven last night after work. Yes, by myself. Many will probably not have very good things to say, but I really enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy the gaggle of high school girls (~20) who seemed to think it was very silly and funny, when it fact it was more sweet and sentimental. (Yes, I cried.) They made a lot of racket and really got on my nerves. Oh, well.

Today, I slept in. Well, really woke up about 6:30 and was off and on until I finally turned on the TV about 8:30. Then I didn't get up until almost 10:00. Yes, I know, it is a blessing of being single! Got dressed and ran some errands. Bought a wedding present, a baby present, and groceries. Came home and unloaded it all.

I've enjoyed the rest of the day just chillin'. Watched TV, read some, worked on money stuff. Now, I'm off to read some more before I head to bed. Yes, I love Saturdays where I am not even up for 12 hours.

5 comments:

That Girl said...

Unlike your Saturday, I was up before 7, cooked breakfast, did laundry, shopped for groceries, finished painting the screened porch, put up the new hammock, washed the car...

But I DO adore going to the movie by myself. I've been wondering about that one... now I know!

Little Light said...

I USED to go to the movies by myself all the time. Now I don't because I already spend too much on cable. If I do go by myself, I'll go on a weekday - I had a really bad experience once going on a Friday (date) night.

Jenni said...

It was a 6:00 movie on a Friday, so I was fairly certain I was safe....the only people on dates were my parents' age and I can deal with that!

Blair said...

I used to do that all the time! I love going straight from work to a movie. It's really cool on a Monday because hardly anyone's there. That and Saturday morning movies, which are hard to find in some places. Cool stuff.

B

Little Light said...

When they're older, you just think its sweet. 6pm isn't too bad.