Sunday, September 11, 2005

Finished!

Well, the construction job is complete! Now on to finish cleaning up and start to reorganize... One thing that this project reminded me of is just how much I love my cordless drill! I think that my arms would be falling off right now if I had to tighten every screw by hand.

Here are some in progress photos:



No back on the wardrobe yet..... (you can see my lovely red chair and denim couch in the background!)












Far fewer pieces of hardware, but many still to go!



















Completed cabinet! Just need to clean that glass.....

















Here's a shot of the inside..... one of the things that makes me so happy about this piece, is that my punch bowl fits!! I can finally have a home outside of my pantry for that and my Rubbermaid cake taker!

















One final shot - you can see that it is supposed to have curtains inside. Well one of the springy rods is defective - I can't screw the hook into it. So, I'll have to see if they can send me another one - or find a more handy friend to see if they can just cut off the defective end.

8 comments:

Lana said...

That is a BIG cabinet! Both pieces look really nice -- can't wait to see them.

Jenni said...

Yeah, the shelves actually are bigger!!

jettybetty said...

I am sooo impressed you got all that put together--you are very talented--I would still be staring at the directions!

JB

Jenni said...

Well, the warnings that people gave me were true -- the IKEA directions are not the best in the world. But sometimes it is actually easier with just pictures, rather than more confusion with words!

That Girl said...

I like that! I've never been to an IKEA... I may need to do that!

Heather said...

Me likes! Can't wait to see it in person.

AMankin said...

Beautiful! I just love new furniture and getting to organize :) Wish I could just pop in and see it in person...

MDM said...

How fun and very Ty Pennigton of you!! It really is a great piece. It doesn't look like IKEA stuff to me...looks prettier.