Tuesday, August 16, 2005

One year!

Well, it has been one year since I started writing this little blog over in my corner of cyberspace. I started reading blogs two years ago with Mike Cope's and quickly progressed over to BST's and on to so many others through links and comments. Still, I think I could waste an entire day just coasting from blog to blog to comment to profile to blog. It is such an addictive habit.

Over this past year, I've made a bunch of new blog-friends. It is still hard to describe you people when I am talking to my friends here. It always sounds so awkward - don't really know why. But, I feel like I have a whole new group of people that are praying for me and thinking about me and remembering me. It is pretty cool. Thanks for being new friends!


And it still amazes me to find out that my friends read my blog - like at Dinner Club last night, Brad mentioned that he knew what to expect for dinner because he had read my blog that day. It's just a little surreal when people comment on my posts. And it always feels a little odd to mention it - or to not be embarrassed when others mention it. Almost like it is self-promotion. But not.

Over the past year, I know I've written about silly stuff, serious stuff, rants, raves, encouragements, and much, much more. It's kinda crazy - I never thought I'd have anything to say. But here I am, a year later, still writing and you people are still reading! So, here's to the start of Year Two!

3 comments:

Little Light said...

It is pretty weird when people start telling you things about your life that you haven't told them. It's like when caller ID first came out - you knew it existed, but it always threw you off when someone would answer, knowing who you were.

DJG said...

It is a strange and wonderful alter/life....I think that is why it bugs us when people we know are out there....This is our "other" life.

BTW Happy Blog-o-versary! Many, many more!!!

That Girl said...

I've enjoyed getting to know you and this part of your life. Thanks for the recipe. Hope to meet you soon!