Thursday, August 18, 2005

More Random Info About Me


I shamelessly copied this topic from Little Light …. though I’ve seen it other places as well

Ten years ago – I was finishing up the summer break between my freshman and sophomore year at ACU.  I spent a month of that summer on a study abroad program in Switzerland. It was great, but I kinda wish I had waited until I was a little older, or went with more people that I knew. I feel like I didn’t really get the full experience that I could have had.

Five years ago – I was miserable in my job in public accounting and so ready to quit (even after just one year). Broke free from that experience (just before the company started spiraling downhill and eventually fell apart completely) and started a new job with my current company.

One year ago – Had a great week-long vacation with my family in Branson, MO. My sister got engaged – and thus began the craziness of wedding preparations, which were much more of an emotional rollercoaster for me than I ever anticipated.

Yesterday – Work. Work.  More work.  Church. Sleep.

Today – Work.  Lunch Meeting.  More work.  Made brownies for our August birthday celebration at work.  Planning for weekend trip.

Five snacks I enjoy – sour cream and onion potato chips, popcorn, peanut m&m’s, Quaker Chewy lo-fat chocolate chunk granola bars, cheese & crackers

Five things I would do with $100 million – pay taxes :-(, give away a LOT, buy a house, plunk a bunch into savings, take a trip around the world

Five TV shows I enjoy – Alias, General Hospital, Survivor, Law and Order:SVU, CSI

Five biggest joys of the moment – another successful hosting of Dinner Club this past Monday, looking forward to a weekend trip home, wearing jeans to work tomorrow, finished the re-read of a book in a fabulous series, all the chances I’ve had this week to hold babies

1 comment:

Little Light said...

Hey I wonder if you and I worked for the same no-longer-existant public accounting firm.