Saturday, August 27, 2005

IKEA

So, I finally made it to the metroplex's newest sensation....IKEA. My friend Kelly and I actually met for brunch at this a new little latin restaurant Tres Meridas first, then headed to join the masses.

It was completely crazy and out of control.

I really don't know how the workers don't completely pull their hair out in frustration with the craziness of the teeming mob of people. Of course, they probably love it -- seeing as how all twenty checkout lanes were at least 5 people deep when we went to check out.

Whew. It really made me tired. BUT, I found a few things I needed and options for a couple of new things that I want to get to replace some old stuff. AND, I got to spend some very valuable time with a really good friend, which we don't get to do very often these days. So, a productive day. And it is not quite yet 5:00! Hmmm, what to do now?

5 comments:

erinlo said...

WOOHOO! I LOVE IKEA! I was actually going to go today, also, but part of the interstate was out and traffice was out of control, so I didn't. I came home and looked at my IKEA catalog instead and dreamed. Someday....maybe I'll have some cool stuff like that. But, alas, even with as reasonable as their stuff is, I will settle for garage sale and hand me down items for now. Have a great day!!

jettybetty said...

I haven't been to the new IKEA yet, but I do think IKEA is a fun place--more an experience than just shopping. I thought perhaps things would calm down at the new one by now. We should buy IKEA stock or something huh??

JB

Jenni said...

I was suprised that it was so crowded. But it is only like the 3rd Saturday that it has been open - and it was middle of the day on Saturday. So, maybe that explains the craziness....or maybe not! :-)

AMankin said...

I {heart} IKEA. It's great. My supercool bookcase came from there as well as random other things around the house. And for the record--Saturdays are always like that. Every location I have ever been to-different states ect. Saturday=crazy.

Little Light said...

I can't shop there - it's too crowded and big and it tires me out.