Thursday, August 18, 2005

Baby Fix

Last Sunday, I was priviliged to sit with Emma Grace in my lap all through church, while my friend Kelly held her twin sister Ella Margaret. Rhonda, the twins' mom, and I have gotten to be friends at church through several women's events and scrapbook nights and retreats over the past few years and it was a blessing to me to help allow her to actually fully experience worship.

Tuesday night, while at my weekly dinner with my friend Martha, her niece Stacy's two-year old son, Cody, sat in my lap for a while and just cuddled.

Today, at a meeting over lunch, I was able to hold little Rhett for a while. His mom, Chrystal, is on the Board of New Friends New Life with me.

And just a few moments ago, I jumped over to Mae's blog and learned that she delivered Miss Hadlee Anne Hale this past Sunday! Congratulations Mae and Brandon!!

All of these experiences in the past few days have helped me to get some of my required "baby fix." But they are no substitute for me having children of my own, which I think I could be ready to do anytime. Now, if I could just find a husband.......

2 comments:

Little Light said...

Funny how we're ready...

Sarah said...

I get my kid/baby fix fairly regularly...I have 2 nephews and a niece here in the same town and at the same church. I babysat last night and decided I can hang on several more years until I want my own!!!

Although my 5-year old niece last night informed me that it's the law that I have to get married. HA!