Tuesday, July 19, 2005

New computer

So, I'm in the middle of setting up my new computer. It came a week ago, but I've been so crazy busy and out of town that I barely had time to unpack it! It is amazing how much easier it was to set up than my last new computer (about 3-4 years ago, I think). Seems like the manufacturers are trying so hard to make computers user friendly for people that aren't tech geeks. I'm moderately a geek and remember being frustrated with my last computer setup. But this one was so easy!

Right now, I'm waiting for a backup of my old computer to finish so that I can transfer all my files. Then, I'll work on erasing all my old stuff and get that computer ready to donate. Fun stuff!!

4 comments:

DJG said...

I LOVE new gadgets, computers, cameras, printers, scanners....I am geek wanna-be!

That Girl said...

I was thinking about hiring help for setting up my new computer. I did get SOME help but, I didn't need it. The 5 year old nephew help me with the new printer this past weekend!

elizabeth said...

I love getting a new computer, but I would be scared to death to put it together myself! Good for you.

AMankin said...

I love new technology--especially when it works the way I think it should!! I must confess, being married to my "I.T." guys is great. I also love donating stuff. A clean break-the joy of sharing -knowing someone else is getting to enjoy something you lived with awhile...hope the transfering of files goes smoothly!