Thursday, July 21, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Don't know how many of you, my faithful blog readers, are fans of Harry Potter.....but, I finished reading the Half-Blood Prince today!! I will not give any secrets away for those of you still reading, but I was really surprised by a couple of things in this segment of the story. I think I'm going to have to go back and re-read at least book #5 to remember where things stood, and then re-read #6.

I think I've about got my new computer up and running -- it was a surprisingly smooth transition (at least so far!). And it was a good excuse to rearrange my desk and clean out a few things.

I've got my college girlfriends reunion this weekend. Only 4 of the 6 of us will be able to get all together this year, but I went and visited my friend Mollie (lives in NM) last weekend in Abilene, and I'll get to see Dara (lives in CA) next weekend when she is in town for a Mary Kay seminar. So, I think I'll at least get to see everyone - even if we can't all get together in one spot this year. And the spot this year is my apartment! So much fun!! We'll have to work harder next year!!

3 comments:

Lana said...

Have fun and tell all the girls "Hi!" for me. Give Sarah an extra hug since we missed seeing her.

DJG said...

I have the book and hope to have time to read it before the next one comes out. I usually at least browse the previous book before I read the new one....I forget a lot!

Kendra said...

I always reread all the previous Harry Potter books before a new one comes out because I have a terrible memory (I blame it on diet coke). Without giving anything away, I will say that I don't think the ending of the new book is what it seems. Of course, we'll have to wait several years to find out.