Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Friends


I have been priviliged the past few days to host my good friend Sarah. She is one of my very best friends - she reminded me just recently that we've known each other for 12 years! Hard to believe sometimes. Of course, that's what makes our friendship so good - it is comfortable and we know so much about each other that even after we haven't seen each other for a while, we fall back into easy conversation.

Sarah has been living in Manila, Philippines for the past two years teaching children of missionaries at Faith Academy. She came home for a visit this summer and has been making the circuit of Texas - visiting friends, family, supporters - and living practically out of her car (which I can imagine is getting pretty tiresome!).

So, while she needed to be in Dallas for a conference downtown this week, she crashed at my place. It has been so fun to have her there - it almost felt like we were roommates again. I'll get to see her for another weekend before she heads back across the ocean and probably get to take her to the airport.

God, thank you for friendships that are deep and abiding and can span the breadth of time and space!

4 comments:

Mae said...

Those are the best friendships of all ~ and for me, the one's I cherish and need the most. I'm so glad that you have that special, sister-like kind of friend!

erinlo said...

Jenni- I just found your blog. I don't know if you would remember me or not- (Erin Sheppard) from ACU. Anyways- I saw the picture of you and Sarah and it is good to see the two of you! I live in Houston with my husband and two boys. I'll add this one to my list of blogs I check frequently. (Found you through Jana's blog)Have a great day, Erin

Rattl'n along said...

Ask Sarah if she knows Vivian Conrad.

Jenni said...

Yes, Sarah said she does know Vivian Conrad, by acquaintance, but not well.