Monday, July 18, 2005

Dinner Club

I have some friends at church that started a Dinner Club a while ago (I think it evolved from a bunch of folks that lived next door to each other eating out once a week). A few months ago, they invited me to join them as a "member."

Here's the way it works: each Monday night a different member hosts the meal at their home. In return for preparing one meal, each member gets a bunch of free meals. I think there are 12-14 members at this point - sounds like a lot of people to cook for, but as is the way with all schedules, not every person can come every week. So essentially, you cook once, and spend the next 11-13 weeks having meals prepared for you!

Tonight is my first night to host Dinner Club. As much as I love to host people in my home, I have not perfected my "sit down dinner for a crowd" skills. So, we are having the relatively simple dinner of spaghetti, salad, bread, and for dessert a choice of strawberry shortcake or fudge pie. Yum.

3 comments:

DJG said...

Sounds like a lot of fun...and a good idea!

jettybetty said...

Sounds like you have a great menu down--hope you had a fun time entertaining--and now your Monday night dinner will be covered for 3 months!!
JB

Allyson said...

Dinner was great, Jenni...thanks!