Thursday, July 28, 2005

Busy, busy

So, in my last post I mentioned my girls reunion weekend. Back in 2000, we decided to have an annual girls weekend where all 6 of us would get together. Some years have been harder than others, but we've at least gotten several together each summer and we've actually had a few where all 6 of us were together! We even did a time capsule that first year, that we'll plan to open in 2025.

This is a photo from our 2003 reunion weekend in Los Alamos, NM

So for this year's reunion, we were using my apartment as the location. Friday I got home from work, straightened up some, made a coffee cake for breakfast Sat/Sun and waited for the girls to arrive. About 6:15 I heard a knock on the door!

We went to eat dinner on Friday night at my new favorite little mexican restaurant, Casita Dominguez (it is where I eat each Tues night with my Dallas mom, Martha). Then we went across the street to Half Price Books - but no luck looking for Christian CDs - so we headed up to Lifeway. Then we stayed up talking and laughing, telling stories and catching up on life.

Saturday, Katie had to go spend most of the day working with her Student Council kids on FishCamp. Sarah B spent most of the day with her parents packing and reorganizing all her stuff for her trip back across the ocean to teach a third year at Faith Academy in the Philippines. So, Sara W and I vegged watching chick-flicks and went to eat lunch. After Katie & Sarah rejoined us, we ordered pizza and spent the evening watching some funny videos from our freshman year at ACU (Welcome Week and Freshman Follies). It was so fun.

Then Sunday morning, we all got up, got dressed and ready and met Sarah B's brother Jason for the trip to the airport. We got her all checked in (thankfully her boxes were right at the 70lb limit!!), cried a little, big hugs all around and then we left Sarah to wait for her flight.

Then Sunday night, my friend Elaine was in town. She and I have been friends since 5th grade in Abilene. Right now she is working on her PhD in Marriage & Family Therapy at Purdue. One of these days I'm going to have to take a trip up there to visit her! But, this time she was in Dallas seeing all her friends that live here. We went to dinner and spent the evening catching up. Whew, what a night!

And then this week has just been one busy thing after another. I'm cooking dinner tonight for my sister and brother-in-law. Should be a good time to catch up with them as well.

Now, back to work!

2 comments:

jettybetty said...

Aren't friends wonderful! God is so good to bless us with them!
Glad you had a great time with all of them!

JB

DJG said...

I'm with you on the busy-ness.

But ain't it fun!!