Monday, July 18, 2005

Another successful hostessing event

I'm not sure if I have blogged about this before, but I do love to be a hostess - to have people in my home and to cook for them. It is one of the gifts that I have been told I possess - that of hospitality.

Tonight was my first hostessing turn of Dinner Club - and it was a success, if I do say so myself. Total of 10 guests, plus me - 11 people for a home cooked dinner. Everyone was very complimentary of the entire meal, but especially my homemade spaghetti sauce (thanks Lacey for the recipe!) and the homemade fudge pie (although made with storebought pie crust, not scratch - I still haven't mastered that skill). The best compliment, though, is the very small amount of leftovers!

And yes, mom, you were right, the spaghetti took longer to cook than I anticipated. For some reason, the only pot that would boil was the one on the big burner. And I only have one of those.....so, we sorta ate in shifts. But it worked. Dishes are done, dishwasher running - now off to bed!

3 comments:

Lana said...

So glad that it went so well -- and you don't have tons of left-overs. You were cooking a lot of spaghetti -- it only goes to reason that it always takes longer than you think when you're used to cooking a small amount! Love, Mom

Karen said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Glad it went well for you.

Mae said...

Mmmm, spaghetti. Soungs like it was a hit!