Sunday, July 31, 2005

40 Days of Fat

So, back in May, Fajita launched this idea of 40 Days of Fat - a tool to motivate us bloggers to better health and to donate to a specific cause.

Some of you may have read back last October
when I joined Weight Watchers. The original goal of joining was to lose weight before my sister's wedding. Well, I lost 20 pounds, but somehow stalled along the way and have been wavering around those last 5 pounds that I lost. I still weigh more than I want to and more than is healthy for me. So, I'm committing to join Fajita's 40 Days of Fat - Reloaded.

And here are my specifics:

Who's gonna get my money:
New Friends New Life - a nonprofit organization (that originally began out of my church) that is an avenue to help women leave sexually oriented businesses.

How they are going to earn my money:
1 - I've developed a bad habit of stopping at Chick-fil-A on my way to work for a Chicken Biscuit for breakfast, so for each weekday that I eat breakfast at home and SKIP the drive-thru = $5
2 - I really need to exercise, so $2 per mile walked
3 - Overall goal is losing pounds, so $5 per pound lost.

I'm going to keep a calendar of my progress and (hopefully) be able to publish my success here (at least the $$ totals). Care to join us??

4 comments:

Jim said...

Good for you! Looking forward to this week.

Heather said...

I'm proud of you. Let me know how it goes!

DJG said...

Yep, I am on board too! Two cruises, an injury and Moma's cooking while my brothers were home have put me up a couple of pounds since the 1st of May. Time to get the rest of it off!!!

Fajita said...

It's going to be a good 40 days!!!!!!!