Sunday, June 12, 2005

Tired

Wow, I really am tired. I guess it is just really all catching up to me. All the wedding preparations are over now. The actual events have come and gone. Can I get back to my normal routine now?!?

Well, almost. Next Sunday I leave for a work trip to the Netherlands. My boss and I are going with a couple of other folks to visit Gaz de France, the company that operates the gas wells in the North Sea that our company has an interest in. I am very excited about the trip - it is one that I have been wanting to go on for the past several years. I really think it will help me to put a face with the name of some folks that I deal with over email and phone when we have questions. Plus, we are taking a field trip out onto one of the production platforms -- survival gear, a helicopter ride, and a tour of a deep-sea oil/gas platform! I can't wait!!

Then, because it was cheaper for me to stay through Sunday than come home on Friday, I will have two days to play and be a tourist in Amsterdam! I am looking forward to the mini-vacation and think it will just do the trick to getting me back to normal. Of course, when I get home and jet lag hits, I may wish for a vacation from my vacation, but isn't that how it always works? I'm hoping to be able to blog from overseas, so I'll give you a play-by-play as we go along!

For now, I'm off to take a nap before a celebration dinner for a friend's defense of his PhD!

4 comments:

jettybetty said...

You are one busy woman!!!
The trip sounds great--I do think it helps to be able to put faces/personalities to those you are dealing with by phone/email!
I can hardly wait to read your international blog!
Hope you have a great week!!!
JB

DJG said...

I wonder if you think about how much simpler your life is amidst all your activity without contacts!!

Just a random thought! Hope you are truly cherishing this wonderful busy time in your life.

Jenni said...

There are definitely days when I forget what it was like to even wear contacts or glasses - but the days that things are so crazy and I am so tired, I remember how awful I felt to have to deal with contacts too. So, yes, I do appreciate the blessing of being able to see uncorrected!!

SG said...

Ah the life of a single career girl! I love reading your blog and keeping up with your adventures! Enjoy this time!