Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Sleepless middle of the night

So, for the first time ever in my life that I can remember, I woke up about 3:20 this morning and COULD NOT go back to sleep. I don't have a clue what woke me, but I laid there for about 25 minutes trying to no avail to go back to sleep, then got up and went out on my tiny little patio to watch the rain. After watching the rain for a while, I decided to try again to sleep. Still wide awake. About 4:30, I turned on the light, got out my prayer journal and spent some time with God. Maybe that's what woke me! I think I finally went back to sleep about 5:15 - and my alarm started going off about 6:00. Blech. Should have just stayed up.....but there are far too many things that I need to get accomplished today so that I can head home tomorrow for Heather's wedding and I thought I needed more sleep than the 4 1/2 hours I already had. Hopefully, I'll be able to check everything off - and I won't forget anything (like Phillip's ring - Heather would KILL me :-)

4 comments:

That Girl said...

You didn't have any of DJG's Diet Mt. Dew, did you?

DJG said...

We should have had each other's phone number... and do you mean you are sending me more rain???

Although that was the unexpected blessing of my sleepness night, listening to a slow steady rain...Yawn!!

steelcowboy said...

I too was functioning on 4-1/2 hours today. I'm tired. :)

lela said...

My Korean teacher regularly gets about three hours and then sleeps all weekend (or at least a lot of the day on Saturday). I guess it works out for her, but I think it's crazy!