Saturday, June 25, 2005

Packing

As comes the time on every trip, it is time to begin packing to head home. I cannot say that I have jam packed my time here in Amsterdam, racing from sight to sight. However, I have had a nice little holiday and seen enough (some things that I didn't really need or want to see) that I don't feel the need to come back. Probably ever.

I walked this morning over to the Museumplein to see the
Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum. I am typically not a museum lover - by that I mean that I'll go (and often actually want to go), but I tire of them pretty quick. I move fairly rapidly and generally am not compelled to read each and every description and watch each informational video. This is one reason that I never pay the money for the audio tour -- much too much information for me. So, although the Frommer's guidebook that I have indicates that you could easily spend hours and hours touring, I think I spent maybe a grand total of 1.5 hours in both museums - and gift shops! But, I can now say that I've visited. And I did get some fun souvenirs.

So, now, I'm going to pack and take a little siesta. Then, head out for one last dinner and check out from the hotel. I'll sleep a bit and then head out for the airport about 4:30 in the morning!


(4:05 pm Amsterdam time)

2 comments:

DJG said...

We share the same philosophy on museums. How could you spend so much time in there. I hope your time has been great. It is so cool to look and see that someone has visited my blog from Holland!

Have a very safe trip!

jettybetty said...

I will third the philosophy on museums--I like to go, stay a short bit and declare it done!
Sounds like you have had a great trip!
JB