Monday, June 27, 2005

Over 12,000 Hits

Ok, so I am officially blown away...... There have been over 12,000 hits to my little corner of cyberspace in the past 10 months. That is more than 1,000 per month!

Of course, I'm no Mike Cope who has nearly 290,000 (in about 22 months) or Brandon Scott Thomas with over 35,000 hits (in about 15 months). But still, I'm amazed. People actually are reading what I am writing here. And, I've developed some blog-relationships where, I'm certain, if I was visiting in another part of the country where a blog-mate lived, I could drop by for a visit.

So, thanks, y'all for reading....for writing comments.....and for generally encouraging me and building me up. I appreciate it. And yes, I know, there have been things posted here that some of my family/friends have wondered why I've been so open and transparent and honest. But, in the end, if I've encouraged one other person with my being "real" here on this blog, then I think I've accomplished the work of God.

9 comments:

That Girl said...

It just seems like we should all get together - a family reunion. Maybe we'd all think everybody else was weird but... I think I know a lot about a lot of folks. I guess when we get to Heaven, we'll have that family reunion. I hope we remember about blogging!

DJG said...

I commented to your comment on my blog at my blog (what a weird sentence).

My counter blew up in the spring, and I had not started it for a couple of months anyway. But congrats on the 12,000 plus. I don't know about you but I couldn't stand the pressure of a MC or a BST. I do appreciate all of my new friends though! Thanks for being one of them.

jettybetty said...

Congratulations! I try not to look at my counter every day--but it's pretty amazing to watch!
This blog thing is just way too much fun for me. I have loved getting to know you!
I plan to keep on reading, too!
JB

Jenni said...

The more I write, the less I look at the counter....it's weird that way. Also, the more things I have in the sidebar, the farther I have to scroll to see it, so the less impact it has on me. I think I was scrolling down to re-read a blog post from a while back when I went by the counter and did a double-take!

SG said...

It must be the day for counting our blog blessings! You are one of mine to be sure! If you are ever in Waco come see us. Elizabeth and I could meet you for lunch.

AMankin said...

It's amazing how encouraging comments can be. Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for sharing your realness! Keep bloging and I'll keep reading :)

militaryman said...

It blows MY mind that you are now over there in the US and I'm back over here in Iraq (having made a layover in Amsterdam on the way.) We could have crossed paths.

I think the reason you get so many visitors is because you are interactive with those who leave comments, visiting our blog sites and commenting on our comments on your blog site. It feels like a conversation, sort of.

SG said...

I think Brandons counter started over...I thik he has 135,000 hits but maybe not. I like my new site meter(bottom of my blog) that I got from JettyBetty's blog. It counts actual visits not just "hits" and it ignores my visits so I get a truer view of traffic...but you are right... I used to look at the counter a lot but I seldom check that thing anymore.

Jenni said...

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if BST had 135,000! I like the sitemeter that you use, SG - maybe I'll switch over.