Monday, June 20, 2005

Blogging from 35,000 Feet

Ok, well not actually. I didn't drag out the laptop on the plane, but I did start thinking about this post.

So, right now I'm sitting in the Departures Lounge of the North Terminal of Gatwick airport while waiting on my connecting flight to Amsterdam (using the really cool Wi-Fi built into this new laptop!). The flight over was fairly uneventful, except for the guy in front of me who decided to leave his seat fully reclined the entire trip -- and squirm around -- a lot. Made it difficult for me to get even remotely comfortable since I could barely move. Oh and the girl next to me who juggled food and drink the whole time. I was several times quite afraid that she was going to dump her drink. So, although I have never flown first class, or even business class, I would really like to make that the plan for my next international flight. Somehow I'll figure out a way to afford it!!!

Sadly, I didn't really get any sleep -- maybe an hour. Which is going to make today a VERY long day. Right now it is 7:22 am London time (8:22 am Amsterdam) and my body thinks it is 1:22 am Dallas time. I will be desperately needing a nap soon -- but maybe I can sleep on this flight to Amsterdam.

I'm intending to post several times this week and perhaps will even get some pictures up along the way. Have a great day!

2 comments:

DJG said...

Our community has truly gone international. You be careful out there...

Heather said...

Been there, done that. At least you're weren't in the airport for long!