Friday, June 10, 2005

Another Wedding Weekend

So, it is another wedding weekend. My friend Jenny is getting married tomorrow to Jack and I'm one of eight (yes, you read that right - 8) bridesmaids. I think it will be a fun wedding, but I know it has been an ordeal for Jenny to get everything together, plus the stress of finishing a crazy school year, buying a new house, and finding a new job!

Today we had the Bridesmaid's Lunch at
Bread Winners Cafe and then I took the afternoon off. Had time to go get a manicure and just some time for myself to relax and breathe. I know that most of the other bridesmaids were helping with the decorating of the reception this afternoon, but I just couldn't do it without going crazy. I just needed a little break. I feel a little guilty for not helping, but oh well....

Both of these weddings, as well as conversations with several friends have continued to solidify my opinion that simple is the way to go. The older I get, the less I think I will be so concerned with a lot of things that I would have been really picky about if I had gotten married straight out of college. Every bride is different and absolutely deserves her day to be how she wants it to be. But I want it to be simple and easy. At least that's what I say today.....

5 comments:

Lana said...

Sounds good to me! Mom

SkipD said...

Hey, Jenny! "HOWDY" from your new fellow-Texan. Sorry I haven't blogged in so long. The new job and the move has just put me way off my schedule and I'm behind on my whole life I think! Pray that all is well with you... I'll read the "archives" and get caught up!
Blessings!
sd

DJG said...

Two weekends in a row....Bless you, you deserve a rest on your own!

jettybetty said...

I really like simple--I would be thrilled if both my daughters went that direction.
Two weddings in a row--is a lot for you! Glad you got an afternoon off before you did #2!!!
JB

Little Light said...

I'm with you - simple, elegant and be done with it.