Monday, May 23, 2005

Mobile Blogging .... part 2

So, now I am in Houston....in a hotel room...learning how to surf the internet, check email and blog via my TV. Crazy technology. I love it!!!

So I was in Austin the beginning of last week for a conference. It was 18 CPE hours, but oh, so completely boring. I went through about 8 months of Journal of Accountancy magazines that had been stacking up on my desk at work, read the newspaper, did the crosswords and jumble puzzles...all in an attempt to stay awake listening to speakers.

Then I flew back to Dallas and worked for two days.

Thursday after work, my friend Kelly came to my house and we loaded up and headed to Saline Creek Farm (near the thriving metropolis of Grand Saline, TX) for a long weekend of scrapbooking, card making, and girl time with 16 other women from my church. It was so amazing. I've been wanting to go on one of the retreats for a while, but the scheduling just never worked out. This time it did, and it was great. We laughed, told stories, prayed, cried, and deepened relationships. All while scrapbooking!

So, we got back to my house yesterday about 4:00 - unloaded a car full of supplies in the almost 100 degree heat ---- what is up with that??? I got cleaned up for dinner plans, then came home and started packing again. And now, here I am, in Houston for another conference. This one, hopefully, will be better than last week's.

So, that is my excuse for not blogging the past week....just been too crazy!! It is now 12 days until my sister Heather's wedding. We're all counting down! I went to the tailor for a fitting for my dress this morning. I'll go back on Friday for a final fitting and then pick it up next Tues or Wed.

Please be praying for my grandparents. My granddaddy (mom's daddy - almost 93) was in the hospital last week with severe stomach pain. While he was there, my grandmommy (mom's mom - 90) fell and gashed her hand and face and is literally black and blue all over. Please pray for smooth and speedy healing for both of them. And please pray for peace for my mom as she is dealing with that stress and the eternal last-minute to-do lists for the wedding.

So, now that I've caught you all up on my life, I guess I better get to catching up on your blogs that I've been missing! TTFN!


2 comments:

DJG said...

It is painful to get behind! It takes so long to catch up. Peace to you during this stressful time. I am glad you got to retreat (I could pass on the scrapbooking, but that's just me). Nothing like a spiritual refreshing to help you take on what lies ahead.

Jenni said...

Well, I don't actually scrapbook either, but that is what the rest of the girls were doing. I was making cards and catching up on months of magazines. I do use a lot of scrapbboking supplies and embellishments on my cards, but they haven't converted me yet!