Thursday, May 12, 2005

Another Double!

Well, I don't know what has happened, but my platelet count has been so good that I was able to give a double again today! Yipppeeee! I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but:

Please Give Blood!

It is so needed. And there is almost always a shortage. So, please, make it part of your regular routine to give blood.

The folks that work at the Baylor site of Carter Blood Care are so much fun. They poke fun at me and tease me and I dish it right back to them. It makes each experience an adventure for sure! Sadly, though, it is a small center. Which means that for them to have any career advancement, they must move on to another donor center. Will left a few months ago. I found out today that Alicia will be leaving at the end of May. And that the center coordinator, Mia, is contemplating moving on as well. These three folks are the ones that I know best. That know me and have fun with me when I come to donate. They remember what we talked about and what is going on in my life.

Unfortunately, they aren't moving to a location that is even remotely convenient for me. Carter has lots of locations all over the metroplex, but the one downtown at Baylor is by far the most convenient. I'd probably follow them to another center if it was feasible. But, it's not. So, I guess I'll have to start breaking in some new phlebotomists and forming new bonds.

I'll say it again: Please Donate Blood!!!

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

You go, girl! And I expect to hear more about your weekend ...