Thursday, April 07, 2005

More prayers, please

I got a phone call this morning from my good friend Heather. She was calling to let me know that the mom of another good friend (SarahB) died unexpectedly yesterday after a terrible fall. Please pray for Sarah and her husband Randall as they travel to Kerrville to be with family for the funeral - and more so as they come back home and begin moving through this terrible season of grief.

I have had several friends recently who have lost parents. Because my parents are still young (only 53), I assume that I will have them for a long time to come. I was reminded this morning that I need to cherish every moment and never hesitate to tell them that I love them. Because we are not promised tomorrow. None of us. Hug your children, parents and friends. Tell them that you love them and appreciate them. Don't let yourself take life for granted.

So, Mom & Daddy, I love you. I appreciate you. I can't imagine my life without you.

2 comments:

DJG said...

I will keep your friends in my prayers.

And thanks for the reminder. Too often I take for granted that my parents will always be around!

Clarissa said...

Yes. My Daddy was 52 when he was first diagnosed with cancer ... it shook me to my very core. Love your parents while you can! Hopefully it will be for decades and decades.